[2018] Rover V2 rolling chassis complete and at Maker Faire!

Hey Reboot!

I’ve got the Rover V2 rolling chassis complete! This is a full mechanical design over Rover V1, and uses the same motors, encoders, and controllers that worked so well on Rover V1, but with real suspension, way better tires, a large battery bay and more. Check it out here!

If you haven’t seen Rover V1 in action, check this out!

We have a booth in the robot tent under the name “reboot.love” at the San Mateo Maker Faire this weekend, so come by and see both Rovers and more in person!

1 Like

@taylor
I met you last summer at HBRC.

I am looking for a rover body design for a robot I am building.

I really love the Rover V2 design.

Are you open to sharing your 3D print design files?

-Gloria DeFelix

1 Like

Absolutely! Rover is CC0 Open Source, and the design files should be stickied at the top of the main page. The files (which are super messy) are here:

1 Like

Hi @taylor
I was planning to start printing, but it seems that OnShape files can not be downloaded. It says “this document was shared via link and is view only”. Is there a chance to get .stl files that you used for 3d printing? Really looking forward to start making rover.
Thanks!

EDIT: Just saw on another post that I have to create a free OnShape account… it’s a pity that they now only offer trial accounts with email message saying that a sales person will call me, before I can even access trial (or at least I can not find the registration for the free account).

Ooh good question. I think to download the files you have to fork it. You may need to create an onshape account and log in to have that option, but that is free. Do you see an option to fork it?

Hi, thanks for the quick reply. It seems that I have to wait for a salesperson phonecall, you can not simply make a free account by yourself. Is it possible for you to upload a zip with the print files, or is it too time consuming? Thanks!

Oh wow that is annoying. Well I do think it would be good for me to upload a zip with the files. Not sure when I will have time to do that though. I didn’t realize they were making it difficult to get an account. I definitely wish there was a better linux friendly option here. Still need to try freecad…

1 Like

STL files now are on github. Still needs a README but I will post it on the main page when that is done: